Windows Server website.
When you buy Windows Server 2019 Standard, you’ll receive an authentic Microsoft license that can be activated online. Our secure payment options provide a complete guarantee, and you’ll receive the software via email shortly after purchase.
There are several ways to test Windows Server 2019:
- Download the Windows Server 2019 ISO.
- Try it on Azure: Azure offers pre-built images of Windows Server 2019, which provides a great way to test the new features.
- Use Microsoft Hands-on Labs: Access our free Hands-on Labs and experience a real-world environment, along with step-by-step guidance to help you try the new features without the need for setup work.
Select your edition and installation method:When you download the full ISO, you will need to select an edition and installation option. This ISO evaluation includes the Datacenter and Standard editions. The Datacenter edition is the most comprehensive and includes new features specific to the Datacenter (Shielded Virtual Machines, Storage Spaces Direct, and Software-Defined Networking), as well as unlimited server virtualization.
- Server Core: This is the recommended installation option. It is a smaller installation that includes the core components of Windows Server and supports all server roles, but does not include a local graphical user interface (GUI). This option is used for headless deployments, which are managed remotely through Windows Admin Center, PowerShell, or other server management tools.
- Server with Desktop Experience: This is the complete installation and includes a full GUI for customers who prefer this option.